Monday, August 18, 2014

Homeward bound, briefly

Only three months to go before I'm back home in Christchurch - for a quick visit only! I'm honoured and excited to be bridesmaid at Anna and Garth's wedding on the 22nd November!
I'm flying home the week before on the 15th November, and staying until the 26th December - Boxing Day. So that's a lovely six weeks - six weeks of being on holiday in my own home! After the wedding I'm not going to be doing anything but catching up with everyone, playing with the dog and eating Whittaker's peanut slabs...so looking forward to this. I'll be home for a big family Christmas then flying out on Boxing Day (it was so much cheaper), back to Cork to continue on my Irish visa until June 2015.



The closer November comes, the more I've been thinking about all the stuff I'll be doing when I get back home - getting my fix of all the little things I'm missing after what will be 2.5 years away from NZ. Aside from my family and friends (obviously) and The Party of the Year (the wedding!), here's a taster of the main stuff I can't wait to do/see:

  • NZ birdsong
  • A proper, hot Canterbury Nor'Wester day with that cooling southerly change afterwards
  • Being able to say the words 'dairy,' 'opshop,' 'jandal,' 'gumboot' and 'tikitour' without having to explain myself
  • Getting in the spa at home
  • Seeing the Milky Way
  • Driving
  • Decent, affordable stone fruit, berries and kiwifruit that hasn't been imported from Chile, Poland, South Africa etc
  • Baking in mum's kitchen
  • NZ songs on the radio
  • Tip Top boysenberry ripple ice cream, scorched almonds, peanut slabs various other yummy foods
  • Trips to Hanmer Springs
  • Mum's cooking!
  • Going down Tram Road or Oxford Road and the view of the Alps
  • Basil, the dog, and Rascal the cat

Ahh home. Not long to go now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment