Sunday, April 28, 2013

Festival time!


So with the weather on its way to warming up I’ve got summer music festivals on the brain again! People in the UK are so unbelievably spoilt for choice, and that’s without even counting all the ones over in Europe. This is the first time I’ve been faced with such a huge choice of festivals so I’ve been trying to plan ahead a little bit to see how I can get around and see as many as possible.

I've made one decision at least and have bought a ticket for 'T in the Park' in Scotland, over the weekend of the 12-14th July. Originally my friend Jamie and I were planning on going to Leeds festival, which is the same as it's sister festival Reading, both held on the bank holiday weekend in August (the artists play one festival, on Friday for example, then travel to the other to play on the Sunday, so both festivals have the same line up!). After discovering the line up for T in the Park though...easy decision haha. It's going to be so great!!!


Check out the amazing line up! I can't believe I'm going to see these bands, all in one place!!! Wooo!!!!!!!! Especially excited for Modest Mouse (one of my fav bands for ages), The Lumineers and Frank Turner, but there's so many others...I'm just about melting with excitement :D

Glastonbury is on this year (only on every second year) and it would have been awesome to go to that. Tickets went on sale in October last year and all 120,000 sold out in an hour so no chance there. I thought I might volunteer there through Oxfam, where you a few shifts of stewarding or wristbanding etc in exchange for your entrance ticket, but I took my time as usual and all the slots filled up pretty fast....Glasto was originally one of my can't miss things when coming to the UK, but I'm actually not too bothered. There's so many other, more accessible festivals, most of which I'm actually more interested in the line up for! Maybe I'll try for next time it rolls around...

I also wanted to go to Latitude festival as it's a lot smaller and sounds like it has a good laid back atmosphere. The two headliners are Modest Mouse (see above) and Bloc Party...I've just seen Bloc Party in London in February and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. So seeing two of my all time favourite bands at the one festival...!! Volunteer spots for this festival are also full though so I might think about just getting a day ticket...

There's loads and loads more festivals coming up and I would love to go to one or two at least! Will have to see how far the time/money etc etc compromises go...

No comments:

Post a Comment